At Ascendant Strategy, we help organisations transform their post trade processing architecture and enable their business goals in a practical and pragmatic way. Our USP as an organisation is an ability to leverage our deep practitioner expertise within capital markets to provide strategic thinking, transformational capability and Fintech enablement to drive successful business outcomes.
We do this by focussing on three key themes to deliver impactful client results:
• We provide skills and expertise that they don’t have
• We deliver outside-in thinking to create innovative but practical outcomes
• We focus our engagements on delivering result-based solutions, not delivering people
Our business has developed on being a credible, trusted and valued partner for our clients, who appreciate we deliver what we say we will (and also what we won’t). We are passionate and protective about our brand, which means that the outcome for the client is always the priority.
We are looking for help to grow our business, to help it continue to develop and progress in support of our expansion strategy. Our brand and market reach have grown significantly in the last 12 months and we are now looking for people to come onboard and help take our business to the next level. What we need are people to understand our unique capabilities and connect these into organisations where we can deliver outcome-based solutions to their challenges.
As a business development associate, you will:
• Help us sell more, through taking content-led stories around capabilities and generate sales development leads through outbound prospecting.
• Identify and drive new opportunities and secure meetings through both warm and cold approaches.
• Explore opportunities to further develop brand positioning, through opportunities to showcase our capabilities in different forums (conferences, online, publications).
• Support development of content and brand positioning to enable the messaging for the organisation to reach a wider audience.
• Accurately track and manage pipeline of opportunities, to give transparency to progress against objectives using our CRM tools.
• Ensure the messages and learnings from client feedback are shared and acted upon.
• Attend relevant client and/or intermediary events to network and represent Ascendant within the market. Ensure effective follow up.
• Develop and build long term relationships with clients and partners, to support the ongoing growth of business development.
• Protect and uphold the Ascendant brand, through your credibility, reliability and honesty.
• Excellent communication skills, with the confidence to approach cold targets across a variety of channels (email, social media, phone).
• Strong written and presentation skills, to produce content in support of objectives.
• Highly motivated and a self-starter, able to work effectively as part of a virtual team with minimal direction in pursuit of objectives.
• Good understanding of the capital markets sector, both at a macro-level and also in the context of middle and back office.
• Good analytical skills and using data to support realisation of objectives.
• Accomplished networker
• Strong attention to detail and a passion for delivery of quality output.
• Ability to work autonomously in a fast paced, high growth environment.
• Ideally, some previous business development (or SDR) experience within the capital markets sector or within an equivalent B2B environment.
• Education to degree level or equivalent.
• High integrity.
• Passionate about delivering quality outcomes.
• Team player.
• Open to new ideas and approaches.
• Excited by the opportunity to work in a start-up environment and challenge status quo.
• Being hungry to learn and develop with the organisation.
• Recognise importance of disciplined time management.
• Delivery focussed.
This is initially a contract role, with the opportunity to move towards a permanent role for the right candidate. Flexible, part time and home working arrangements are not a problem and we are happy to work this out for the right candidate.
Range £25,000 to £50,000 FTE depending on experience.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company
Interested in being part of our success story?
Please forward your resume quoting reference BDA018 to [email protected]